Virginia C. Wood Research Forum
15th Annual Virginia C. Wood Resident Research Forum
a poster presentation featuring research and scholarly work
by interns, residents, and fellows
Thursday, April 24, 2014
Location: Top of the Market Banquet Center
32 Webster Street
Abstract Deadline: Friday, April 4, 2014
- Provide trainees an opportunity to present their research/scholarly work in poster format and to receive feedback on their activities.
- Expand medical education experiences through scholarly interactions with physicians, scientists, residents and students.
- Stimulate potential research collaboration.
- Write an abstract summarizing your project. Follow the Forum Instructions and use the abstract template.
- Complete the approval page and give it to your program director. The program director should complete the form, indicating approval of your project, and send the form to DAGMEC via FAX (937.245.7955) by April 4, 2014.
- Submit the abstract electronically as a Word document, by April 4, 2014. Abstracts should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Poster Display Details
- Abstracts: All abstracts must be approved by the resident/fellow’s program director.
- Judges: The program director is responsible for identifying one judge for every two posters submitted. One judge may appear on up to two submissions. Program directors can serve as judges. If a program director chooses not to provide a judge, the poster submission may be exhibited but will not be judged for prizes. Judges will NOT be assigned posters from their own program and/or institution.
Judges receive the abstracts a few days before the forum; advance preparation is not necessary. Judges responsibilities are to review 4-6 posters, to conduct a short interview with the primary resident author about the research project, and to complete a short evaluation on each poster assigned. Judging takes place between 5:00-6:00 on the day of the forum.
- Posters: Researchers may display one or more posters as space allows. Presenting a poster from a professional meeting is appropriate. All posters should be on display by 5:00 p.m. The room will be available after 3:00 p.m. Residents should be available with their posters from 5:00-7:00 p.m.
An easel, foam core board (display space measuring 4’ high and 6’ wide) and tacks to mount your poster will be available at the forum.
- Awards: Award recipients will receive cash prizes ranging from $200 to $300. Judges will select the award winners based on the quality of the work, the poster, and a brief interview with the resident researcher. A brief awards ceremony will be held at 6:40 p.m.